The Arizona Farmer+Chef Connection brings together local food producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level and introduces them to wholesale food buyers at restaurants, hotels, etc. from across the state.
Farmer+Chef is the state’s only event of its kind, aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively showcasing Arizona food producers and distributors, followed by a reception featuring local food, beer, wine, and spirits.
The industry-focused event is aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively featuring Arizona food producers and distributors. Buyers will meet local purveyors of quality dairy, meats, produce, baked goods and other value-added products, and much more! Complementing the event is an end of day reception featuring Arizona food, beer, wine, and spirits.
Who should attend:
- Arizona Farmers and Food Producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level
- Chefs, Restaurant Owners and Management
- Hotels and Catering Businesses
- Hospitals, Senior and Human Service Institutions, Health and Wellness Centers
- Education and Government Food Service Procurement
- Purchasers and Managers for grocery stores and markets
- Any entrepreneur, food service professional, or member of the public that is dedicated to building a better community, environment and economy through local food supply chains
NEW THIS YEAR
- Now held on Monday to better suit food and hospitality industries
- Returning to Tucson in celebration of its recent designation as North America’s first UNESCO City of Gastronomy
- The Marketplace will be the sole focus for the first time this year, featuring an all-new design that showcases Arizona’s diversity in farming and food production.
- The AZ Made Awards presented by Bite Magazine will make their debut at this year’s Local Food Reception.
We encourage those interested in furthering their knowledge of Arizona’s food system to attend the Arizona Living Economy Forum, complementing the event with exploratory and educational workshops and conveniently scheduled the day before on Sunday September 11th, 2016. More information available here.
- Over 400 people attended
- Roughly 200 attendees represented farmers and food producers
- 8 food categories featured
- 50% of attendees in 2015 were buyers, representing purchasers of all sizes and types (Pizzeria Bianco, Binkley’s Restaurant Group, Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue, Shamrock Foods, Costco, Fry’s Grocery Stores, Panda Express and more. Read the 2015 Recap!