The Arizona Farmer+Chef Connection brings together local food producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level and introduces them to wholesale food buyers at restaurants, hotels, etc. from across the state.
Farmer+Chef is the state’s only event of its kind, aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively showcasing Arizona food producers and distributors, followed by a reception featuring local food, beer, wine, and spirits.
The 2017 Farmer+Chef connection has now ended. Please stay tuned to our newsletter for dates and locations for next year and to look forward to our next food event, the Food and Farm Finance Forum.
The industry-focused event is aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively featuring Arizona food producers and distributors. Buyers will meet local purveyors of quality dairy, meats, produce, baked goods and other value-added products, and much more! Complementing the event is an end of day reception featuring Arizona food, beer, wine, and spirits.
Who should attend:
- Arizona Farmers and Food Producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level
- Chefs, Restaurant Owners and Management
- Hotels and Catering Businesses
- Hospitals, Senior and Human Service Institutions, Health and Wellness Centers
- Education and Government Food Service Procurement
- Purchasers and Managers for grocery stores and markets
- Any entrepreneur, food service professional, or member of the public that is dedicated to building a better community, environment and economy through local food supply chains
NEW THIS YEAR
- Now held on Monday to better suit food and hospitality industries
- Located in northern Arizona for the first time to celebrate the region’s growth in food and beverage production and culinary
- The Marketplace and Reception are the sole focus this year, allowing for both business showcase and casual networking
- Over 400 people attended
- Roughly 200 attendees represented farmers and food producers
- 8 food categories featured
- 50% of attendees in 2016 were buyers, representing purchasers of all sizes and types (Pizzeria Bianco, Welcome Hospitality, Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue, The Carriage House, The Art Institutes, Shamrock Foods, Fry’s Grocery Stores, Panda Express and more. Read the 2016 Recap!