The Arizona Farmer+Chef Connection brings together local food producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level and introduces them to wholesale food buyers at restaurants, hotels, etc. from across the state.
Farmer+Chef is the state’s only event of its kind, aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively showcasing Arizona food producers and distributors, followed by a reception featuring local food, beer, wine, and spirits.
The industry-focused event is aimed at building wholesale food networks at the local level. The cornerstone of the event is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, a vendor fair exclusively featuring Arizona food producers and distributors. Buyers will meet local purveyors of quality dairy, meats, produce, baked goods and other value-added products, and much more! Complementing the event is an end of day reception featuring Arizona food, beer, wine, and spirits.
Who should attend:
- Arizona Farmers and Food Producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level
- Chefs, Restaurant Owners and Management
- Hotels and Catering Businesses
- Hospitals, Senior and Human Service Institutions, Health and Wellness Centers
- Education and Government Food Service Procurement
- Purchasers and Managers for grocery stores and markets
- Any entrepreneur, food service professional, or member of the public that is dedicated to building a better community, environment and economy through local food supply chains
NEW THIS YEAR
- Now held on Monday to better suit food and hospitality industries
- Located in northern Arizona for the first time to celebrate the region’s growth in food and beverage production and culinary
- The Marketplace and Reception are the sole focus this year, allowing for both business showcase and casual networking
- Partnership with the new facilities at Cliff Castle Casino, situated immediately off of the I-17 to allow for central access to those coming from all parts of the state
- Over 400 people attended
- Roughly 200 attendees represented farmers and food producers
- 8 food categories featured
- 50% of attendees in 2016 were buyers, representing purchasers of all sizes and types (Pizzeria Bianco, Welcome Hospitality, Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue, The Carriage House, The Art Institutes, Shamrock Foods, Fry’s Grocery Stores, Panda Express and more. Read the 2016 Recap!
Thank you to our sponsors!