The Arizona Farmer+Chef Connection brings together local food producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level and introduces them to wholesale food buyers at restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, and other businesses and institutions from across the state. This year’s event will be held on Monday, September 11, at the Cliff Castle Casino in Camp Verde (555 W Middle Verde Rd, Camp Verde, AZ 86322). Previously held in Phoenix and Tucson, this is the first time that Farmer+Chef Connection will be held in northern Arizona.
“We are thrilled to be bringing this event to the Verde Valley for the first time to celebrate the region’s growth in food and beverage production and culinary arts,” said Kimber Lanning, Founder and Executive Director of Local First Arizona Foundation. “By connecting food buyers in our state with local food producers and suppliers, we’re closing the gap on money and food leaving our state, while at the same time supporting a vibrant Arizona economy and a thriving agriculture industry.”
The cornerstone of the Farmer+Chef Connection is the Suppliers’ Marketplace, an all day vendor fair featuring the best local food products Arizona has to offer. Dozens of farmers and food producers will be present with informative displays, samples of their products, and wholesale details. Buyers will be able to meet local purveyors face-to-face, learn what is and will be in season, sample products, and set up future procurement relationships.
Following the Suppliers’ Marketplace, all attendees are invited to attend the Local Foods Reception features locally sourced appetizers and Arizona wine, beer, and spirits. Attendees can use this opportunity to casually network over a custom menu of Arizona food and beverages and hear from featured speakers.
This industry-suited event is best suited for the following individuals, businesses, and organizations: Arizona farmers and food and beverage producers prepared to transact at a wholesale level; chefs, restaurant owners, and management; hotels and catering businesses; hospitals, senior and human service institutions, health and wellness centers; education and government food service procurement purchasers; managers for grocery stores and markets; and any entrepreneur, food service professional, or member of the public that is dedicated to building a better community, environment and economy through local food supply chains.
Tickets are now on sale for both food vendors and general admission, with early bird pricing through July 31:
- Early Bird Pricing (through July 31):
- General Admission: $10/person all day pass includes access to Suppliers Marketplace and Reception
- Vendor Package: $80 includes standard tabled space with the ability to sample and sell, reserved parking, two all day passes, and listing in post-event follow-up packet. Purchasing early bird package allows vendor the option to load-in and prep booth up to a day earlier.
- General Admission (begins August 1):
- General Admission: $20/person all day pass includes access to Suppliers Marketplace and Reception
- Vendor Package: $100 includes standard tabled space with the ability to sample and sell, reserved parking, two all day passes, and listing in post-event follow-up packet. The deadline to purchase regular-priced vendor packages is September 1, 2017.
The 2017 Farmer+Chef Connection is sponsored by Bar & Restaurant Insurance, Cliff Castle Casino & Hotel, Visit Camp Verde, Camp Verde Business Alliance, Edible Phoenix, Sedona Now, Cottonwood Chamber of Commerce, City of Cottonwood, Slow Food Phoenix, Courtesy Chevrolet, Verve Events & Tents, and Clear Production Services. Those interested in sponsorship can reach Natalie Morris at email@example.com.
Information and tickets are available for purchase at localfirstazfoundation.org/azfarmerchef.